Reception & Year 1 Nativity -
Welcome to Reception
Class teacher – Miss Wilkes
Teaching Assistant – Mrs Goodier
Welcome to our Reception class page. We currently have 24 children in the class who are looked after by Miss Wilkes and Mrs Goodier.
We have a very busy day every day and the children will have lots of fun in class.
Here is some important information to remember:
- The class door is opened at 8.50 am and the register is then taken at 9am.
- The end of the school day is at 3pm, please be prompt when picking your child up as we don't want them getting distressed at home time - thank you!
- All children are entitled to free milk until the end of the Reception year.
- All children are also entitled to free school meals until they reach the end of Year 2.
- We have a class Facebook page that we use to share information about events and activities happening in school and any reminders you may need.
- We use Tapestry to share the learning that children undertake whilst in Reception. You can also add entries onto Tapestry of any learning or important achievements that may take place at home.
- Book bags are sent home every Friday. Please could these be returned to school by the following Wednesday.
- Our PE days are Wednesday (Indoor PE session) and Friday (Outdoor PE session). Please could children come to school dressed in their PE kits.
Every morning we have Phonics sessions. During these sessions we learn how to recognise, read and write initial sounds. We then use these sounds to help with our reading and writing. We also have Mathematics sessions every morning
The Reception class is divided into the different areas. Each area has a challenge to enhance our learning and develop new skills. This is changed on a weekly basis according to the theme or learning taking place that week.
We like to learn in the outdoors as much as we can and try to get outside as much as possible. The Reception children will experience Forest School sessions throughout the year where they will learn lots of different skills and, most importantly, have lots of fun!
Autumn Term 1b – Terrific Tales
This half term our topic is Terrific Tales. Over the next few weeks we will be:
v Retelling traditional tales in our own words
v Creating our own puppet shows
v Learning about rhyming words
v Writing our Christmas lists and letters to Santa
v Representing, comparing and understanding the composition of the numbers 1,2 and 3
v Learning about 2D shapes and spatial awareness
v Learning about different celebrations such as Bonfire Night, Diwali and Christmas
v Using BeeBots to learn about maps and directions
v Looking at different seasons and the weather
v Learning about old and new toys
v In our Forest School sessions we will be learning about Autumn and woodland animals
Here are some websites you may find useful containing games and activities children can access at home.